From: Willie M <matthews.willie80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What gives with all these file collisions?
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 02:15:19
1 On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 19:05:25 +1200
2 Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 23:32:55 -0700
5 > Willie M <matthews.willie80@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I am sure you can use the FEATURES to ignore collisions. It has been
8 > > awhile but I am sure it is still there.
9 >
10 > Disabling collisions detections is not really good advice, as it can
11 > lead to real problems and break your system.
12 >
13 > Then again, just pasting lists to RM is not smart either.
14 >
15 > Better to work out *why* there's a collision first.
16 >
17 > In the example the user posted, they're installing kde-apps/k3b:5 on
18 > top of kde-apps/k3b:4
19 >
20 > Those packages should block against each other in some way if they
21 > install the same files.
22 >
23 > This sort of stuff happens if you're running ~arch, and is usually
24 > grounds for a bug.
25
26 I see.
30 Willie L Matthews