From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ati -- dreaded "xf86-ENOMEM" error
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:38:03
1 On 8/26/05, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht schreef:
5 > > Anyway, I bought one today so I'm in the life raft with ya!
6 > >
7 > > Cheers,
8 > > Mark
11 > Have you guys looked at the nvidia site? They have 'drivers' (i.e.,
12 > kernel modules) for their motherboard chipsets as well as their video
13 > cards. Perhaps that's what you both need. I know that nvidia-kernel and
14 > nvidia-glx exist in Portage for the video cards, but that's not of much
15 > use if your kernel doesn't have the ability to talk to the mobo in the
16 > first place (and we do know that an nForce board does speak its own
17 > language).
18 >
19 > http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0306.html
22 I haven't. Thanks. However I talked to someone using (I think) the
23 same MB under Gentoo. He said he's in gret shape with 2.6.12-gentoo-r9
24 and the AMD64 GART kernel option.
25
26 We'll see. Either Maxim will report back in the next few days or I
27 will next week.
28
29 Thanks for the pointer.
30