From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 3Com PCMCIA network card not recognised
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:47:03
1 On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:34:56 +0000 (UTC), James
2 <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
4 >
5 >> if I bridge it with the laptop's internal network card.
6 >> However, the 3Com network card doesn't seem to be recognised under
7 >> my
8 >> installation of Gentoo.
11 > OK, shot in the dark:
12 >
13 > /usr/sbin/update-pciids <updates list of pci device numbers>
14 >
15 > My experience is sometimes this data base gets updated
16 > and sometimes, it need a manual push. I'm not certain it
17 > affects your hardware, but, it's a good command to try.
18 >
19 > others <just for grins>:
20 >
21 > update-ca-certificates update-etc update-usbids
22 > update-env update-pciids
23
24 Or USE flag +network-cron which installs a CRON task to run thoses
25 utils on a regular basis (once a month or sth).
26
27 > hth,
28 > James
31 Xavier Parizet