From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 3Com PCMCIA network card not recognised
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:36:55
1 Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
2
3 > if I bridge it with the laptop's internal network card.
4 > However, the 3Com network card doesn't seem to be recognised under my
5 > installation of Gentoo.
8 OK, shot in the dark:
9
10 /usr/sbin/update-pciids <updates list of pci device numbers>
11
12 My experience is sometimes this data base gets updated
13 and sometimes, it need a manual push. I'm not certain it
14 affects your hardware, but, it's a good command to try.
15
16 others <just for grins>:
17
18 update-ca-certificates update-etc update-usbids
19 update-env update-pciids
22 hth,
23 James