From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 3Com PCMCIA network card not recognised
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:53:31
1 On 13/12/2010, at 1:34pm, James wrote:
2
3 > Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
4 >
5 >> if I bridge it with the laptop's internal network card.
6 >> However, the 3Com network card doesn't seem to be recognised under my
7 >> installation of Gentoo.
10 > OK, shot in the dark:
11 >
12 > /usr/sbin/update-pciids <updates list of pci device numbers>
13 >
14 > My experience is sometimes this data base gets updated
15 > and sometimes, it need a manual push. I'm not certain it
16 > affects your hardware, but, it's a good command to try.
17 >
18 > others <just for grins>:
19 >
20 > update-ca-certificates update-etc update-usbids
21 > update-env update-pciids
22
23 I'll try it now. I'm not terribly optimistic, though, as this is such an old card, so is sure to be in the PCI IDs database.
24
25 Stroller.