From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] many packages are available in gentoo?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:35:07
1 On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:17:56 +0800 William Kenworthy
2 <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3 | Is there a link that states how many packages are available in gentoo?
4 | Stable, ~x86 etc?
5
6 Note that such a number wouldn't be useful for comparing with, say,
7 other distributions or ports, because a) we can SLOT things, so we
8 don't need separate foo-1, foo-2 and foo-3 packages, and b) we don't
9 need to do a zillion foo, foo-python, foo-perl etc packages because of
10 USE flags.
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm