From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gigabyte and controlling fans
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:21:59
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Saturday 11 December 2010 22:52:24 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> HI,
5 >>
6 >> I got everything installed on the new rig. Trying to sort out some
7 >> "kinks" now. I notice that Gigabyte has software for windoze to control
8 >> the fan speed and such. I use gkrellm to monitor them but was wondering
9 >> if there is a Linux package that does the same. Is there such a thing?
10 >> I looked using eix and friends but I don't see anything in the tree. I
11 >> found the windoze version with google but nothing for Linux.
12 >>
13 >> It's a Gigabyte 770T series mobo. It uses the it8720 chip.
14 >>
15 >> Thanks.
16 >>
17 >> Dale
18 >>
19 >> :-) :-)
20 >>
21 > fancontrol
25 That comes from lm-sensors. Hmmm. Since I have my stuff built into the
26 kernel, can I still use that or would they clash somehow?
27
28 Also, this is a desktop not a laptop just in case it matters.
29
30 Dale
31