From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gigabyte and controlling fans
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:59:41
1 On Sunday 12 December 2010 05:20:27 Dale wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Saturday 11 December 2010 22:52:24 Dale wrote:
4 > >> HI,
5 > >>
6 > >> I got everything installed on the new rig. Trying to sort out some
7 > >> "kinks" now. I notice that Gigabyte has software for windoze to
8 > >> control
9 > >> the fan speed and such. I use gkrellm to monitor them but was
10 > >> wondering
11 > >> if there is a Linux package that does the same. Is there such a
12 > >> thing?
13 > >> I looked using eix and friends but I don't see anything in the tree.
14 > >> I
15 > >> found the windoze version with google but nothing for Linux.
16 > >>
17 > >> It's a Gigabyte 770T series mobo. It uses the it8720 chip.
18 > >>
19 > >> Thanks.
20 > >>
21 > >> Dale
22 > >>
23 > >> :-) :-)
24 > >
25 > > fancontrol
26 >
27 > That comes from lm-sensors. Hmmm. Since I have my stuff built into the
28 > kernel, can I still use that or would they clash somehow?
29 >
30 > Also, this is a desktop not a laptop just in case it matters.
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >
35
36 a) building the sensor stuff into the kernel is stupid
37 b) yes