From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gigabyte and controlling fans
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 02:36:13
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Sunday 12 December 2010 05:20:27 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> That comes from lm-sensors. Hmmm. Since I have my stuff built into the
5 >> kernel, can I still use that or would they clash somehow?
6 >>
7 >> Also, this is a desktop not a laptop just in case it matters.
8 >>
9 >> Dale
10 >>
11 >> :-) :-)
12 >>
13 > a) building the sensor stuff into the kernel is stupid
14 > b) yes
18 Why is it stupid? I been using Linux for years and have no modules
19 except for nvidia and don't think I ever have either. What difference
20 does it make if it is a module or built in?
21
22 Dale
23