From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Learning to use libtool
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 16:06:50
1 On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 >> It appears the book is just out of date.  I need newer references.
4 >> It's definitely not ldconfig that's wanted, but a program that
5 >> configures a local copy of libtool itself.  Maybe it's now obsolete.
6 >> So I'm looking for a new reference.  All I've found so far is some
7 >> acrobat slides -- lots of them, but they have all the problems
8 >> inherent in slide presentations without a presenter.
9 >
10 > Not to sound like a dick, but did you even bother to look at the libtool
11 > home page[1]?  There's a crapload of information there, including to the
12 > answer to the mystery behind the missing ltconfig.
13 >
14 > [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/
15
16 Thanks. This is helpful no matter what it sounds like.
23 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD