From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hints for using Unison?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:12:04
1 On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:43:16 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > One possibly tricky part about this will be that in some cases we
4 > have found bad rips and have reripped files to fix that. In this case
5 > there is going to be a newer file in each either location with the
6 > same name but with a new size & date. Will Unison give me an option to
7 > just accept the newer one in each location and remove or backup the
8 > older one automatically?
9
10 Unison is particularly good at handling this sort of situation. It keeps
11 a log of the file dates each time you sync and asks for manual
12 intervention when a file have been updated on both sides since the last
13 sync.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Did you know that eskimos have 17 different words for linguist?