From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 22:44:45
1 On 161217-00:59-0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 11:27:08PM +0100, Miroslav Rovis wrote
3 >
4 > > There, the few sentences, but the topic really is serious, will
5 > > Firefox, from Firefox52, in my machine, and in people who don't want
6 > > Pulseaudio, like I don't want it, be silent really from Firefox52,
7 > > as some Mozilla devs of a ...particular kind, promised, repeatedly
8 > > on that Mozilla bug page.
9 >
10 > An alternative to Firefox is Pale Moon, http://linux.palemoon.org/
11 > Disclosure... I'm involved as a volunteer with the Pale Moon project.
12
13 And I've been hunting for an answer from Pale Moon people, for quite a
14 while. Even on this list, I tried to ask Martin Vaeth, I think he works
15 with the ebuilds of Pale moon, find this non-replied-to email in your
16 local gentoo-user archives:
17 # Message-ID: <20161016201000.GF5079@×××.xdwgrp>
18 # References: <20161014175927.8360.2C6B93AA@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
19 # <slrno06lt6.va0.martin@××××××××××××××××××××.de>
20
21 and the link (to that mail on web) is coming up later.
22
23 But the main question I put on the Pale Moon forums:
24
25 coming up later too.
26
27 I have broken Mesa currently, downgrading it (slow system)
28 (
29 and can't even give you the bug in question for the same reason, that
30 later too...
31 )
32 , well, Firefox segfaults on it, and it's
33 my only browser that I like to go to the internet with, exactly because
34 I can later read whatever happens.
35
36 > --
37 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
38 > I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
41 The question is about whether the reading of the network (of course I
42 mean really decrypting the SSL traffic) will be implemented in Pale
43 Moon.
44
45 (
46 I was off, because I researched the really good links that Rich0 and
47 some others gave, mostly in one of the first replies (diverted replies)
48 to my question that this thread bears the subject line after...
49 And got really entangled, but I don't know enough, so little use for the
50 topic.
51 )
52 --
53 Miroslav Rovis