From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Memory cards, device notifier and remembering sd* designations.
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 12:30:43
1 On Thursday, 20 August 2020 21:50:28 BST Dale wrote:
2
3 > new problem. I have one card that tests fine. I've reformatted it a
4 > couple times but device notifier, DN, just will not see that it has been
5 > plugged in.
6
7 Does udisks see it? Have you tried plugging it in, while keeping an eye on
8 the output of:
9
10 $ udisksctl monitor
11
12 udisks will identify the device being plugged in, the formatted block device
13 on it, and finally any partitions on the fs, in consequent sections in its
14 output.
17 > I tried a different card reader, different adapter for
18 > going from a TF or micro to SD card etc. Other cards I plug in work
19 > like they should. I can mount the weird card manually without error.
20 > The pictures on it were fine. No sign of corruption at all. I think
21 > what happened, I mounted it manually the other day. I seem to recall
22 > reading somewhere that if you mount something manually, DN won't mount
23 > it for you in the future until you tell it to forget the manual
24 > mounting.
25
26 I use Plasma's DN, udisks, pmount and even manual mount as root occasionally,
27 but have not come across this problem yet.
28
29 However, I do not use DN's automounting.
32 > Thing is, I can't find where that is stored so I can remove
33 > it. Maybe it isn't supposed to do that anymore but is anyway. Does
34 > anyone know where those settings are stored? Anyone know where I go to
35 > tell it to see the card and offer to mount it with DN? I've looked
36 > everywhere I can think of for this.
37
38 Perhaps it is stored in some akonadi entry, or some .qmcl setting. In the
39 first instance I suggest you right click on the Device Notifier in the Plasma
40 tool tray, then select 'Configure Removable Devices' and un-tick:
41
42 - Only automatically mount removable media that has been mounted before
43
44 - Enable automatic mounting of removable media
45
46 This will hopefully flush out any cached USB drive details. If you need these
47 settings you can reset them later on.