From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox tells me my "...connection is not secure"
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:56:06
1 On 23/01/17 16:46, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > On Mon Jan 23 16:43:32 2017, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >> HI all,
4 >> Just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem. Via the search
5 >> box in Firefox, I attempt to search Google for, say, "distillation columns"
6 >> and I get a page saying:
7 >>
8 >> "Your connection is not secure"
9 >>
10 >> some more stuff then
11 >>
12 >> "Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY"
13 >>
14 >> I try the same thing with wikipedia and I get the same response. I then go
15 >> to the slashdot website, all is good. The local newspaper, all good. I can
16 >> log into my bank no problems. I've tried Youtube and it brings up the
17 >> problem, which is using https, but viewing a range of other sites, also
18 >> using https does not reveal the problem.
19 >>
20 >> Any ideas as to what's making three of the biggest sites on the 'net
21 >> unsecure for me?
22 >>
23 >> Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
24 >>
25 >> Andrew
28 > Hi,
29 >
30 > Do you synchronise your clock with ntpd?
33 Yes.... Anyway, whilst I was writing the original email, I was also
34 building the latest, 50.1.0-r1, firefox and now, hey presto, after a
35 restart, things are now working again. I have no idea...........
36
37 Andrew