From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox tells me my "...connection is not secure"
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:47:26
1 On Mon Jan 23 16:43:32 2017, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > HI all,
3 > Just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem. Via the search
4 > box in Firefox, I attempt to search Google for, say, "distillation columns"
5 > and I get a page saying:
6 >
7 > "Your connection is not secure"
8 >
9 > some more stuff then
10 >
11 > "Error code: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY"
12 >
13 > I try the same thing with wikipedia and I get the same response. I then go
14 > to the slashdot website, all is good. The local newspaper, all good. I can
15 > log into my bank no problems. I've tried Youtube and it brings up the
16 > problem, which is using https, but viewing a range of other sites, also
17 > using https does not reveal the problem.
18 >
19 > Any ideas as to what's making three of the biggest sites on the 'net
20 > unsecure for me?
21 >
22 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
23 >
24 > Andrew
27 Hi,
28
29 Do you synchronise your clock with ntpd?
32 alarig