From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: Bill Roberts <billbalt@×××××××××××××.com>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sata Controllers and drives
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:47:37
1 What kind of motherboard do you have? I have two older boards that it just
2 doesn't work on. I have a Tyan Tiger MPX and an ASUS A7M266-D. On both I
3 can install the OS by booting from the LiveCD on one system and using XP Pro
4 on the other system. The drives are seen and the install goes well.
5 However, when I reboot and try and start the OS there is no drive. In the
6 BIOS I see no entries for the drives or Syba. I see no messages during boot
7 up from the card either.
8
9 Any tricks to get it working?
10