From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <eamjr56@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED No ebuild for kdeartwork-colorschemes ??
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:53:02
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 20 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Solved.
5 >>>
6 >>> I had the kde overlay in git enabled. Dependencies are now
7 >>> calculated properly when the overlay is disabled.
8 >> Uh-huh! Yes, that explains it. Good luck there in building 4.0.0.
9 >
10 > Currently on package 158 of 190, it's now 22:31 and the emerge started
11 > at 18:22. I seem to remember building 3.5.x from scratch progressed a
12 > whole lot slower. Maybe this need build system for kde4 really is a
13 > whole lot faster and easier.
14 >
15 > My girlfriend says the build output looks pretty :-O
16 >
17 >> If I could make konsole of 4.0.0 not to crash on startup and kmail
18 >> from 3.5.8 to start at all in 4.0.0, I would immediately make 4.0.0
19 >> my default desktop. Without these two apps, I can not. :-(
20 >
21 > Hmmm, konsole and kmail not running doesn't fill me with joy. This are
22 > probably the apps I use the most followed by konqueror, kopete and
23 > amarok :-(
26 The cmake system does seem to go a lot faster than the old way. Is anyone
27 on the list using kde4-svn? I'm using it on 2 machines-1 laptop and 1
28 desktop.
29 I keep losing the taskbar on the desktop, but not on the laptop.
30
31 Thanks,
34 Edward A Mihalow Jr
35 Mudbug Computers and Networks