From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel section mismatch(es)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 05:32:15
1 On 12/27/10 23:06, Michael J. Barillier wrote:
2 > I'm trying to compile a hardened kernel (linux-2.6.36-hardened-r6) and
3 > the build is generating thousands (literally) of section mismatch
4 > warnings. I've copied my old .config (2.6.31, non-hardened) to the root
5 > of the source tree and did a `make oldconfig' followed by `make
6 > CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'. WTF's up with this?
7 >
8 > FWIW, I'm working on rebuilding my box and the make is within a
9 > chroot'ed environment - working through the system build process to a
10 > temporary directory tree with the intent of booting from a CD and
11 > replacing the existing filesystem with the new version.
12 >
13 > FWIW#2: Google'd `linux section mismatch' and didn't get any hits that
14 > would point to a reason for the mismatches or a solution for resolving
15 > them.
18 Just ignore them. They might indicate kernel bugs (like compiler
19 warnings), but even if they did, there's nothing you could do about them.
20
21 Setting CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y just gives you more info that
22 you don't need.