From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Massive kmail breakage with mariadb-10.4.6
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 15:07:48
1 On Saturday, 22 June 2019 15:36:49 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 22 June 2019 12:33:29 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:07:46 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > > Yesterday's routine update took mariadb from 10.3.16 to 10.4.6. When I
5 > > > came to look at my emails today, kmail couldn't do anything. To start
6 > > > with, it was stuck in an endless, looping attempt to display the
7 > > > current email. Then it couldn't archive the inbox, then it couldn't
8 > > > import from an archive. I couldn't even move an email from one folder
9 > > > to another. Akonadictl fsck and vacuum seemed to run but didn't improve
10 > > > anything. Even reverting to an old copy of my home directory didn't
11 > > > help.
12 > >
13 > > Did you restart msyqld and run mysql_upgrade?
14 >
15 > I ran lib_users -s after the update yesterday, found a lot of old libs in
16 > use so rebooted. I also rebooted more than once this morning.
17 >
18 > To answer Mick, I tried akonadi fsck and vacuum; they reported success but
19 > didn't affect what I was seeing in kmail.
20
21 I've just tried upgrading mariadb again while watching it, and got similar
22 results. I did notice that an error notice came up about being unable to store
23 a message received via POP3, which is my main incoming source. I can't quote
24 exactly because the notice disappeared too soon.
25
26 Back to 10.3.16 for now.
29 Regards,
30 Peter.