From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Massive kmail breakage with mariadb-10.4.6
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 14:36:59
1 On Saturday, 22 June 2019 12:33:29 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:07:46 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Yesterday's routine update took mariadb from 10.3.16 to 10.4.6. When I
4 > > came to look at my emails today, kmail couldn't do anything. To start
5 > > with, it was stuck in an endless, looping attempt to display the
6 > > current email. Then it couldn't archive the inbox, then it couldn't
7 > > import from an archive. I couldn't even move an email from one folder
8 > > to another. Akonadictl fsck and vacuum seemed to run but didn't improve
9 > > anything. Even reverting to an old copy of my home directory didn't
10 > > help.
11 >
12 > Did you restart msyqld and run mysql_upgrade?
13
14 I ran lib_users -s after the update yesterday, found a lot of old libs in use
15 so rebooted. I also rebooted more than once this morning.
16
17 To answer Mick, I tried akonadi fsck and vacuum; they reported success but
18 didn't affect what I was seeing in kmail.
21 Regards,
22 Peter.