From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Documentation Index
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 18:22:41
1 On Sunday 31 December 2006 20:28, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > On 12/31/06, Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 31 December 2006 00:00, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > > > Hey, Jerry, wanna make a project team? I woulda done Python if I had
5 > > > thought it was gonna get big. It now seems like that would be a good
6 > > > idea. Care to:
7 > > > 1) share your code?
8 > > > 2) start a sourceforge project?
9 > > > 3) just tantalize us with your results?
10 > >
11 > > It's far, far from being finished or polished... here it is:
12 >
13 > ... snip ...
14 >
15 > > As for manning a project... time hasn't allowed me the pleasure of a
16 > > decent day off from work. I would, however, contribute as I can.
17 > >
18 > > Cheers all and enjoy
19 >
20 > Thanks very much. You don't need to man a project, only start one if
21 > you're willing. I would need you to release your code under some Open
22 > Source License. It would be most convenient if you did both at once, by
23 > starting a sourceforge project with your code and chosen license. Then
24 > authorize at least one alternate project manager, and you never need do
25 > anything about it again.
26 >
27 > Normal ettiquette would allow you as originator "considerable"
28 > (understatement) influence over any decisions made in the project, but you
29 > can also just ignore them.
30 >
31 > BTW, I like your program but its package search sure seems slow. That
32 > would probably be the first thing I'd try to improve. It's still running a
33 > few hours after
34 > starting.
35 >
36 It's low alright. What it does is compare found matches to what exists in
37 portage using equery as the lookup tool. Equery is not fast...
42 Jerry McBride
43 --
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list