From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Documentation Index
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 01:35:38
1 On 12/31/06, Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 31 December 2006 00:00, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > Hey, Jerry, wanna make a project team? I woulda done Python if I had
4 > > thought it was gonna get big. It now seems like that would be a good idea.
5 > > Care to:
6 > > 1) share your code?
7 > > 2) start a sourceforge project?
8 > > 3) just tantalize us with your results?
12 > It's far, far from being finished or polished... here it is:
16 ... snip ...
19 > As for manning a project... time hasn't allowed me the pleasure of a decent
20 > day off from work. I would, however, contribute as I can.
21 >
22 > Cheers all and enjoy
23
24 Thanks very much. You don't need to man a project, only start one if you're
25 willing. I would need you to release your code under some Open Source
26 License. It would be most convenient if you did both at once, by starting
27 a sourceforge project with your code and chosen license. Then authorize
28 at least one alternate project manager, and you never need do anything about
29 it again.
30
31 Normal ettiquette would allow you as originator "considerable" (understatement)
32 influence over any decisions made in the project, but you can also
33 just ignore them.
34
35 BTW, I like your program but its package search sure seems slow. That would
36 probably be the first thing I'd try to improve. It's still running a
37 few hours after
38 starting.
39
40 ++ kevin