From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: marcec@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 01:58:51
1 On 12/17/2016 04:57 PM, Marc Joliet wrote:
2
3 > On Saturday 17 December 2016 19:20:03 Heiko Baums wrote:
4 >> Am 17.12.2016 um 15:58 schrieb Rich Freeman:
5 > [...]
6 >>> If you don't think the guides on how to install Gentoo on a Pi are
7 >>> good enough, then play around with it until you figure it out, and
8 >>> then post an article on the Wiki.
9 >> Didn't you read my e-mail? I don't want to have Gentoo on my Pi, because
10 >> this would destroy the advantage of the Pi, its low power consumption.
11 >>
12 >> Well, maybe I will install Gentoo on the Pi once, just for fun, but
13 >> that's not the question here.
14 > Looks like somebody hasn't heard of cross-compiling! Perhaps check out sys-
15 > devel/crossdev and/or ask on the gentoo-embedded mailing list. In fact, in
16 > this particular case I *will* provide you with a link:
17 >
18 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi_Cross_building
19 >
20 >> I didn't ask for a howto for installing Gentoo on a Pi, I asked for a
21 >> howto for getting rid of systemd on recent versions of Arch Linux,
22 >> Debian, Raspbian, Ubuntu, Fedora etc. You said it's possible and I'm not
23 >> forced to use systemd, so I guess you know how and can explain it to me.
24 > Aha, so it's not enough that there are distros *right now* that let you avoid
25 > systemd (e.g., Gentoo, Funtoo, Devuan, Knoppix), it has to be one of *those
26 > particular* distros.
27 >
28 > [...]
29 >
30 > Viele Grüße
31 Funtoo, knoppix and devuan are not serious professional grade distros,
32 two of those are in beta and gentoo isn't something you want on most
33 production servers.
34
35 You can't be seriously suggesting that hobbyist distros with one or two
36 developers and bad security policies is a serious replacement for the
37 systemd corrupted distros can you?
40 For some reason everyone in this thread also seems to be making this
41 about sysvinit vs systemd rather than systemd vs sysvinit and openRC...