From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 21:57:55
1 On Saturday 17 December 2016 19:20:03 Heiko Baums wrote:
2 > Am 17.12.2016 um 15:58 schrieb Rich Freeman:
3 [...]
4 > > If you don't think the guides on how to install Gentoo on a Pi are
5 > > good enough, then play around with it until you figure it out, and
6 > > then post an article on the Wiki.
7 >
8 > Didn't you read my e-mail? I don't want to have Gentoo on my Pi, because
9 > this would destroy the advantage of the Pi, its low power consumption.
10 >
11 > Well, maybe I will install Gentoo on the Pi once, just for fun, but
12 > that's not the question here.
13
14 Looks like somebody hasn't heard of cross-compiling! Perhaps check out sys-
15 devel/crossdev and/or ask on the gentoo-embedded mailing list. In fact, in
16 this particular case I *will* provide you with a link:
17
18 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi_Cross_building
19
20 > I didn't ask for a howto for installing Gentoo on a Pi, I asked for a
21 > howto for getting rid of systemd on recent versions of Arch Linux,
22 > Debian, Raspbian, Ubuntu, Fedora etc. You said it's possible and I'm not
23 > forced to use systemd, so I guess you know how and can explain it to me.
24
25 Aha, so it's not enough that there are distros *right now* that let you avoid
26 systemd (e.g., Gentoo, Funtoo, Devuan, Knoppix), it has to be one of *those
27 particular* distros.
28
29 [...]
30
31 Viele Grüße
32 --
33 Marc Joliet
34 --
35 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
36 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup