From: liu shukui <liushukuicn1771@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuxonice : suspend/resume via button on keyboard?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:47:51
1 On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan schrieb:
3 >
4 >>> Maybe look through the bios to somehow "wake on keyboard" ?
5 >>
6 >> Yep - definitely bios related - "wake on keyboard" is usually the name
7 >> too. I haven't done it in a while, but I remember something about
8 >> using certain keys (maybe enter?) to start up my PC. I haven't done it
9 >> since PS/2 days. If you have a usb keyboard, it would probably require
10 >> keeping the 5V alive to the usb ports, which might require playing with
11 >> suspend states in the bios as well. This could also use a bit of power
12 >> of a long time, but I think it would be tiny.
13 >
14 > Unfortunately there is no "wake on keyboard" in this BIOS, although it's a
15 > rather good Intel-board.
16 >
17 > hmm ...
18 >
19 > Yes, it's a USB-keyboard ...
20 >
21 > Will continue to play with it, right now I have real work to do ;)
22 > suspend-to-ram is working, which is cool enough already ...
23 And what about suspend-to-disk?
24 As far as I know, it dosen't work!
25 >
26 > Thanks so far, Stefan