From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuxonice : suspend/resume via button on keyboard?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:06:37
1 Iain Buchanan schrieb:
2
3 >> Maybe look through the bios to somehow "wake on keyboard" ?
4 >
5 > Yep - definitely bios related - "wake on keyboard" is usually the name
6 > too. I haven't done it in a while, but I remember something about
7 > using certain keys (maybe enter?) to start up my PC. I haven't done it
8 > since PS/2 days. If you have a usb keyboard, it would probably require
9 > keeping the 5V alive to the usb ports, which might require playing with
10 > suspend states in the bios as well. This could also use a bit of power
11 > of a long time, but I think it would be tiny.
12
13 Unfortunately there is no "wake on keyboard" in this BIOS, although it's
14 a rather good Intel-board.
15
16 hmm ...
17
18 Yes, it's a USB-keyboard ...
19
20 Will continue to play with it, right now I have real work to do ;)
21 suspend-to-ram is working, which is cool enough already ...
22
23 Thanks so far, Stefan