From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuxonice : suspend/resume via button on keyboard?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:07:21
1 On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:31:52 +0200
2 "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3
4 > Iain Buchanan schrieb:
5
6 > > Otherwise, go to system preferences > keyboard shortcuts. From
7 > > there you may be able to map the button to the "suspend" action.
8 > >
9 > > This all requires gnome. Don't know the kde way. Otherwise you can
10 > > use X tools as well (xmodmap, setxkbmap or whatever the tools are,
11 > > can't remember!)
12 >
13 > I use GNOME, and yes, I already mapped that button to suspend the box
14 > to RAM. But how to make it *resume the box as well?
15
16 Ah, I thought you hadn't got that working...
17
18 > Maybe look through the bios to somehow "wake on keyboard" ?
19
20 Yep - definitely bios related - "wake on keyboard" is usually the name
21 too. I haven't done it in a while, but I remember something about
22 using certain keys (maybe enter?) to start up my PC. I haven't done it
23 since PS/2 days. If you have a usb keyboard, it would probably require
24 keeping the 5V alive to the usb ports, which might require playing with
25 suspend states in the bios as well. This could also use a bit of power
26 of a long time, but I think it would be tiny.
27
28 HTH,
29 --
30 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
31
32 The state law of Pennsylvania prohibits singing in the bathtub.