From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with emerge depclean after world update
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 07:11:19
1 On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:27:16 +0100, Wol wrote:
2
3 > Does that mean an update typically cleans a replaced package
4 > automagically? I thought that usually they got left behind and that was
5 > why you needed depclean - to remove all the old versions?
6 >
7 > Certainly that's what I remember of depclean of old - the list of stuff
8 > being cleaned was mostly old versions of what was installed.
9
10 That is when updates to slotted packages are installed, wait until the
11 next llvm/clang update. Old versions of a package in the same slot, or
12 slot 0 for unslotted packages, are replaced with the new one, but new
13 slots cause the behaviour you have seen.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?