From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: configure.ac and Makefile.am easy_view ?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:18:05
1 Michael Orlitzky <mjo <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Those files are part of the upstream tarball. The easiest way to fetch
5 > the sources without compiling them is with `emerge -f`. Then you can
6 > copy the tarball out of $DISTDIR and unpack it somewhere.
7
8 > Some ebuilds may patch configure.ac or Makefile.am -- in that case it's
9 > a little harder. I'm sure there's an elegant way to do it, but what I
10 > usually do is begin to emerge the package and Ctrl-C it when it starts
11 > compiling. Then you can find the sources under /var/tmp/portage.
12
13 Hmm... That's kinda what I've been doing. I want a way to save those
14 files, once I tag a given ebuild for this sort of curious and closer
15 examination. GLEP_64 would go a long way to automating this, with
16 a DAG. I just wanted to make sure there was not an existing or easier
17 way to do this, that I had not considered.
20 Is there a way to includes those files for archiving so something like
21 elogviewer could make them available systematically? Do you think the
22 maintainer of elogviewer is open to that sort of request, formally (BGO) or
23 informally (personal email?). Another more suited tool for extending the
24 existing functionality to view key files of an ebuild?
25
26 Other ideas?
29 James