From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is gcc slotted? Do I have to manually remove old versions?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 05:33:35
1 Alan E. Davis wrote:
4 > On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net
5 > <mailto:dalek1967@×××××××××.net>> wrote:
8 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml
9 >
10 > That should stir up something for ya. :-)
13 > This frightens me:
14 >
15 > Cleaning up
16 >
17 > It is also safe to remove older GCC versions at this time. Please
18 > substitute YOUR-NEW-GCC-VERSION with the actual version you've
19 > upgraded to:
20 >
21 > Code Listing 4.5: Cleaning up
22 >
23 > # emerge -aC "<sys-devel/gcc-YOUR-NEW-GCC-VERSION"
26 > Should one truly delete the NEW VERSION?
32 > Alan
36 > --
37 > Alan Davis
38 >
39 > "It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
40 > ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man
43 Hmmmmmm. I think you should be un-merging the old version. Otherwise,
44 why upgrade at all. o_O
45
46 Anybody else think this is . . . strange? Gas on the brain maybe? Bug
47 on the howto?
48
49 Dale
50
52
53 P.S. You should set up your email program to only send text messages to
54 this mailing list. Some people block html messages and will never see
55 your message. Bad thing is, the very gurus you need to see it may not
56 because it is html.