From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What do you think about Firefox 57?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 05:59:48
1 To me it seems as though it is more so a political change not so much a
2 change done for some technical improvement (there aren't any).
3
4 Mozilla is closer and closer with google, as evidenced by making
5 telemetry opt-out rather than opt-in [1] and all the "safe" browsing and
6 downloading "features" which sends a list and hashes of all the files
7 you download to google for inspection.
8
9 This is going to break a variety of beloved addons as the new method
10 can't support heavy modification of firefox.
13 [1] as if anyone WANTS to be spied on, the average user has no idea what
14 telemetry is and or would believe mozillas bullshit reasoning of "we do
15 this to make the browser better, trust us!" I myself have noticed it
16 mysteriously turned back on a variety of times similar to windows not to
17 mention the annoying practice of allowing addons to randomly open
18 windows every update without permission (10 addons 10 windows to inform
19 of random changes no one cares about, and now my ISP knows what addons I
20 use as it loads their websites - yay)