From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is there a 'widget' Konfabulator emulator for X-windows?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:14:35
1 I just got hip to these little applet thingys called "widgets". Mac OS-X
2 started them, but in some divine miracle, Konfabulator is also a Windows XP
3 program too. There like a thousand of these little widget/applet things --
4 all free -- that do all kinds of amazing things from the obligatory
5 calculators, clocks, RSS feeds, etc, but even more advanced stuff, I have
6 one that controls my TiVo!
7
8 http://www.widgetgallery.com/
9
10 It looks like they are just basically a javascript language and a way to run
11 them on the desktop.
12
13 I did some google searching for "widget" and "linux" but can't find anything
14 aside from (G)Tk stuff.
15
16 This would be a fantastic project for someone with more X-windows/KDE/Gnome
17 skills than me to tackle. Then all those fancy OS-X/XP widgets would just
18 work too! How great is that?!
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list