From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a 'widget' Konfabulator emulator for X-windows?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:58:42
1 On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 22:09 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 > I just got hip to these little applet thingys called "widgets". Mac OS-X
3 > started them, but in some divine miracle, Konfabulator is also a Windows XP
4 > program too. There like a thousand of these little widget/applet things --
5 > all free -- that do all kinds of amazing things from the obligatory
6 > calculators, clocks, RSS feeds, etc, but even more advanced stuff, I have
7 > one that controls my TiVo!
8 >
9 > http://www.widgetgallery.com/
10
11 Depends on which WM you use. Gnome as gdesklets. KDE has Karamba,
12 Enlightenment has one too but I don't know it's name.
13
14 Anyone looked at Elive? Englightenment is really cool.
15
16 supposed to be very light on resources as well.
19 Ow Mun Heng
20 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
21 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
22 Neuromancer 13:52:43 up 1 day, 20:04, 5 users, load average: 1.45, 1.21,
23 0.86
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list