From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] CPU temperature monitoring?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:55:19
1 Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012, 16:37:01 schrieb walt:
2 > I bought this desktop 4-core machine during the coolest part
3 > of the year and until very recently I could barely hear the
4 > CPU fan except for about one second during power-up when
5 > the fan spins way up and then quickly slows down.
6 >
7 > Now it's hotter than Hades here and I'm very much aware of
8 > the fan noise, but I can't tell if the fan is beginning
9 > to fail (the noise sounds a bit harsh to me) or something
10 > is merely controlling the speed appropriately.
11 >
12 > The machines BIOS has no settings whatever concerning the
13 > fan or temperature warnings, etc. so I have no idea how
14 > to find out the CPU temp.
15 >
16 > The k10temp kernel module loads automatically at boot with
17 > no errors, so I just hope something (somewhere) is taking
18 > care of this stuff automatically. But I'm only hoping,
19 > not knowing.
20 >
21 > Any ideas how to find out for sure?
22
23 sensors
26 #163933