From: Bryce Verdier <btv@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Traffic Visualizer
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:53:21
1 I'd like to throw NTop in the mix.
2
3 http://www.ntop.org/overview.html
4
5 Not quite what you were looking for, but i think it will be close enough
6 that you shouldn't mind the differences. And its in portage.:)
7
8 bryce
11 Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
12 > Several years ago I saw a (unfortunatly windows) program that when
13 > pluggined into a network, would allow the user to visualize traffic
14 > across the network. In that particular program, the network (or
15 > segment) was represented as a circle with hosts around the perimeter and
16 > lines representing traffic, the thicker the line, the more traffic.
17 >
18 > Im not hooked on that particular layout, but im looking for something
19 > similar that will allow me to get a grasp of which hosts are generating
20 > traffic and how much (we are seeing some slowdown problems that I need
21 > to try to locate)
22 >
23 > Programs in portage are preferable, but if it will run on gentoo without
24 > too much gymnastics, im interested.
25 >
26 > Thanks
27 >
28 > TIM