From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Traffic Visualizer
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:04:30
1 Several years ago I saw a (unfortunatly windows) program that when
2 pluggined into a network, would allow the user to visualize traffic
3 across the network. In that particular program, the network (or
4 segment) was represented as a circle with hosts around the perimeter and
5 lines representing traffic, the thicker the line, the more traffic.
6
7 Im not hooked on that particular layout, but im looking for something
8 similar that will allow me to get a grasp of which hosts are generating
9 traffic and how much (we are seeing some slowdown problems that I need
10 to try to locate)
11
12 Programs in portage are preferable, but if it will run on gentoo without
13 too much gymnastics, im interested.
14
15 Thanks
16