From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CPU upgrade and LVM questions.
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:48:11
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:00:45 -0500, Taiidan@×××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >>> So that proves that US manufacturers are better at hiding their back
5 >>>> doors?
6 >>>>
7 >>>> Or is it a numbers game, there are a hell of a lot more systems made
8 >>>> in China, so the chances of a backdoor being discovered is higher.
9 >>>>
10 >>>> Either way, lack of evidence of insecurity is not proof of security.
11 >>>>
12 >> So tell us what is your perfect country for hardware manufacturing?
13 > There isn't one as you can never be sure. You are presenting hope, and
14 > maybe likelihood, as certainty when this does not exist.
18 I sent a reply off list to Taiiden.  Mine was longer but basically, no
19 Govt can really be trusted and they have proved it.  If they can do
20 something and hide it, they will.  Snowden revealed some things but I'm
21 sure there is a lot of stuff going on that the public knows nothing about.
22
23 None of us should trust anything until it is well tested and done so
24 over time.
25
26 Dale
27