From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: GDM connect problem
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 21:34:27
1 On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > > On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin < jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > >
10 > > > Hi.
11 > > >
12 > > > I'm trying to set GDM up so that it provides logins to machines
13 > > > logging in over the network. I have set everything up as per the Gentoo
14 > > > XDMCP howto Guide, and can start X by typing "X -broadcast :1" on the
15 > > > server on which GDM is running, but other hosts cannot access it.
16 > > >
17 > > > Any ideas?
18 > > >
19 > > > Thanks.
20 > > >
23 > > I wonder if this might be the root of the problem: after a reboot,
24 > > attempting to mount nfs exports or ssh into the X host returns "No route to
25 > > host"
29 > I'll say; the interface on the host I was trying to connect to was given
30 > the wrong address.
31 >
32 > Duh.
33 >
34 > Jeff.
37 However, "X -broadcast" still isn't working. Damn...