From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: GDM connect problem
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 20:28:34
1 On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > Hi.
8 > >
9 > > I'm trying to set GDM up so that it provides logins to machines logging
10 > > in over the network. I have set everything up as per the Gentoo XDMCP howto
11 > > Guide, and can start X by typing "X -broadcast :1" on the server on which
12 > > GDM is running, but other hosts cannot access it.
13 > >
14 > > Any ideas?
15 > >
16 > > Thanks.
20 > I wonder if this might be the root of the problem: after a reboot,
21 > attempting to mount nfs exports or ssh into the X host returns "No route to
22 > host"
26 I'll say; the interface on the host I was trying to connect to was given the
27 wrong address.
28
29 Duh.
30
31 Jeff.
34 > ------------------------------------------------------
35 > Argument against Linux number 6,033:
36 >
37 > "...So this is like most Linux viruses. You have to download the virus
38 > yourself, become root, install it and then run it. Seems like a lot of work
39 > just to experience what you can get on Windows with a lot less trouble."
46 Argument against Linux number 6,033:
47
48 "...So this is like most Linux viruses. You have to download the virus
49 yourself, become root, install it and then run it. Seems like a lot of work
50 just to experience what you can get on Windows with a lot less trouble."