From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: GDM connect problem
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 16:35:09
1 On 01/05/06, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi.
4 >
5 > I'm trying to set GDM up so that it provides logins to machines logging in
6 > over the network. I have set everything up as per the Gentoo XDMCP howto
7 > Guide, and can start X by typing "X -broadcast :1" on the server on which
8 > GDM is running, but other hosts cannot access it.
9 >
10 > Any ideas?
11 >
12 > Thanks.
16 I wonder if this might be the root of the problem: after a reboot,
17 attempting to mount nfs exports or ssh into the X host returns "No route to
18 host"
19 --
21 Argument against Linux number 6,033:
22
23 "...So this is like most Linux viruses. You have to download the virus
24 yourself, become root, install it and then run it. Seems like a lot of work
25 just to experience what you can get on Windows with a lot less trouble."