From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] eix
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 21:12:22
1 eix <arg>
4 use to match the <arg> string against all three:
5 (1) gentoo tree /usr/portage
6 (2) the /var/lib/layman/ overlays I had installed and manage with layman
7 (3) my /usr/local/portage local ebuild placed in /usr/local/portage/
10 Now, only option (1) shows the embuilds
11
12 I can manully part (2) as they are still kept in
13 /var/lib/layman/ and see all the overlay (ebuilds)
16 Likewise, I can manually part (3) /usr/local/portage
17 any a vast collection of ugly ebuilds reside, fat dumb and happy
18 to not be published, ATM.
21 but no matter what I try eix shows nothing from (2) or (3) like it
22 use to with the only requirement to match the string of the <arg>.
23
24 Now I have read all the news items, the new docs like
25 (https://cgit.gentoo.org/dev/ultrabug.git) and everything else
26 I can google.
27
28 How do I fix this so a simple (alias if necessary) shows all three
29 sources of ebuilds on my system like it use to.
30
31 Note I have updated eix to app-portage/eix-0.30.11
32
33 I have all the files in /etc/portage/repos.conf:
34 gentoo.conf java.conf layman.conf local.conf
35
36 cat layman.conf
37 [DEFAULT]
38 main-repo = gentoo
42 [alunduil]
43 priority = 50
44 location = /var/lib/layman/alunduil
45 layman-type = git
46 auto-sync = yes
47 sync-uri = git://anongit.gentoo.org/dev/alunduil.git
48 sync-type = laymansync
49
50 [java]
51 priority = 50
52 location = /var/lib/layman/java
53 layman-type = git
54 auto-sync = yes
55 sync-uri = git://anongit.gentoo.org/proj/java.git
56 sync-type = laymansync
57
58 [sunrise]
59 priority = 50
60 location = /var/lib/layman/sunrise
61 layman-type = git
62 auto-sync = yes
63 sync-uri = git://anongit.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise-reviewed.git
64 sync-type = laymansync
65
66 [ultrabug]
67 priority = 50
68 location = /var/lib/layman/ultrabug
69 layman-type = git
70 auto-sync = yes
71 sync-uri = git://anongit.gentoo.org/dev/ultrabug.git
72 sync-type = laymansync
73
74 [xmw]
75 priority = 50
76 location = /var/lib/layman/xmw
77 layman-type = git
78 auto-sync = yes
79 sync-uri = git://anongit.gentoo.org/dev/xmw.git
80 sync-type = laymansync
83 I'd deeply appreciate a wee_bit of insight into this, with particular
84 attention on the java repos and getting the latest java codes the devs are
85 making available in the java repo, but not the gentoo tree.
88 TIA,
89 James