From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is my /dev/fd0?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:05:22
1 Willie Wong writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:53:21AM -0500, Penguin Lover Marcus Wanner
4 > squawked:
5 > > I tried to mount a floppy disk in my ~x86 gentoo system, but the
6 > > /dev/fd0 device is not there. In other words, I can't find the block
7 > > device corresponding to my floppy drive. Where is it and what am I
8 > > doing wrong?
9 >
10 > You are using udev, I assume? Did you compile the IDE floppy support
11 > into your kernel?
12
13 It's not IDE (IDE/ATAPI floppy support is for things like LS-120 drives),
14 but CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD, found in Device Drivers -> Block devices -> Normal
15 floppy disk support. If it's compiled as a module, maybe you just need to
16 modprobe floppy?
17
18 Wonko