From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is my /dev/fd0?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:03:40
1 On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:53:21AM -0500, Penguin Lover Marcus Wanner squawked:
2 > I tried to mount a floppy disk in my ~x86 gentoo system, but the /dev/fd0
3 > device is not there. In other words, I can't find the block device
4 > corresponding to my floppy drive. Where is it and what am I doing wrong?
5
6 You are using udev, I assume? Did you compile the IDE floppy support
7 into your kernel?
8
9 W
12 In this course we will of course make use of God's Units, namely
13 h-bar = c = 1
14 but occasionally I will indulge myself in my personal addition to
15 those units, in the form of
16 2 = -1 = pi = i = 1
17 please feel free to interject whenever you feel confused, and I will
18 make my best effort to clarify things.
19 ~Prof. Herman Verlinde explaining the things.
20 PHY 509, Intro to QFT, first lecture 09-12-03
21 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1105 days, 14:58