From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is my /dev/fd0?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:05:41
1 On 12/17/2009 11:06 AM, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:53:21AM -0500, Penguin Lover Marcus Wanner squawked:
3 >
4 >> I tried to mount a floppy disk in my ~x86 gentoo system, but the /dev/fd0
5 >> device is not there. In other words, I can't find the block device
6 >> corresponding to my floppy drive. Where is it and what am I doing wrong?
7 >>
8 > You are using udev, I assume? Did you compile the IDE floppy support
9 > into your kernel?
10 >
11 The only floppy options I can find in the kernel relating to floppy
12 drives in the kernel config are mac floppy, amiga floppy, and atari
13 floppy, none of which apply to me. I believe I am using udev, and both
14 the cd/dvd drives work with my current setup. Thanks!
15
16 Marcus