From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage detects fake "world file problems" and packages that don't exist
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 21:01:28
1 On 09/01/2022 12:00, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 22:44:08 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> emerge -auDU @world
5 >>
6 >> !!! Problems have been detected with your world file
7 >> !!! Please run emaint --check world
10 >> !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
11 >> !!! masked or don't exist:
12 >> media-sound/pavucontrol media-sound/pulseeffects sys-block/gparted
13 >>
14 >> My world file is fine and "emaint --check world" doesn't find anything.
15 >
16 > Have you edited your world file manually? I wonder if you could have
17 > introduced some non-ASCII characters or changed line endings - something
18 > that portage objects to but emaint doesn't.
19
20 I checked and there's nothing weird in there. I even deleted the world
21 file, and then recreated it by doing "emerge --noreplace" all these
22 packages. Portage then re-created the world file.
23
24 Same result.
25
26 I then spend some time trying to find the packages that cause the
27 problem. I tracked it down to media-sound/pulseeffects. If I remove just
28 that one package from the world file, then the error message is gone,
29 but also "emerge -uDU @world" is now much faster.
30
31 This package is probably triggering a portage bug.