From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:44:08
1 On Monday December 29 2008 19:38:48 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Norberto Bensa wrote:
3 > > I'm currently compiling gcc-4.3.2-r2, I have no cursor lagging, stuck,
4 > > or whatever. Everything is normal. Like if I were not compiling at all.
5 >
6 > I've just emerged glibc (with -j2).
7
8 I use -j5 (yeah, I know, I'm a masochist...) The ebuild forces -j1 but only
9 for postinstall IIRC.
10
11 > It's especially noticeable with it.
12 > Some source files, especially at the beginning of the build, are very
13 > short and result in a lot processes getting spawned and terminated very
14 > fast, along with files rapidly created on disk. Can you give glibc a test?
15
16 I'm doing it right now. Nothing really noticeable. I'm also running Windows XP
17 under VirtualBox (2.1.0) with 512MB RAM+16MB video and I'm watching an AVI
18 movie with mplayer. I have 2GB of RAM in this box BTW.
22 > I've checked my config and can't find anything wrong. I have tickless,
23
24 me too (on the desktop; my notebook doesn't boot with tickless)
27 > preempt,
28
29 me too
32 > 1000Hz, -O2, CFQ.
33
34 me too, me too, me too.
37 > Maybe it's due to fglrx? (ATI Catalyst driver.)
38
39 Ah... I don't know. I never used ATIs. NVidia 8600GT here.
40
41 How does your /proc/interrupts look like?