From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone succeeded with kmail2?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:11:45
1 On 3/1/2013, "Alan McKinnon" <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 09:43 +0000
3 >Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> When kmail was upgraded to 4.9.3 last month it made a complete hash
5 >> of my e- mail system. In the end I moved my user out of the way and
6 >> created a new user. Importing the e-mails from a backup of the old
7 >> version omitted large numbers of e-mails, including a lot of complete
8 >> folders. I also noticed that kmail had not created a trash folder.
9 >
10 >So the kdepim devs STILL haven't fixed that one? Oh dear.
11
12 --->8
13
14 Thanks for your thoughts Alan. I didn't like Claws much last time I
15 tried it, but then that was some time ago.
16
17 Does anyone recommend a mail client that doesn't rely too heavily on the
18 mouse? I much prefer to navigate, reply etc with the keyboard. I've
19 seen Evolution recommended; is that OK?
20
21 Meanwhile I'm having to use my ISP;s webmail service.