From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:11:03
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 100503 Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >
4 >> I can't disable my xdm login script.
5 >> My computer boots to the login screen
6 >> and the keyboard doesn't work so I can'l login to get a terminal session.
7 >>
8 > Yes, it happened to me long ago,
9 > after which I decided always to boot to a raw terminal, then do 'startx'.
10 >
11 > You need to use System Rescue or similar to get into the box,
12 > then change your boot procedure to boot to a raw terminal.
16 Or add softlevel=single to the boot line in grub. That would be, edit
17 the grub line before booting.
18
19 I think there is a interactive mode or something too. It is done by
20 hitting the "I" key during the first part of the boot up. Just say No
21 to xdm or whatever starts your GUI.
22
23 Lots of options here. lol
24