From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 20:25:33
1 On 05/03/10 10:10, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > I think there is a interactive mode or something too. It is done by
4 > hitting the "I" key during the first part of the boot up. Just say No
5 > to xdm or whatever starts your GUI.
6 >
7 > Lots of options here. lol
8 >
9 > Dale
10 Thanks, Dale, for the figurative "whack in the head"! I knew about
11 interactive mode, but never even thought of it. Doing this, I was able
12 to boot to a command line. Then, I took Remy's advise and re-emerged
13 xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-keyboard-mouse. Turns out that they both
14 needed updating. This fixed everything.
15
16 Sorry, if I was a little terse. I panicked. I keep all responses to
17 problems I've posted in case I run into the same thing again. So thanks
18 guys for coming though for me as always!
19
20 Regards,
21
22 Colleen