From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Hints on setting up mythweb?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 03:02:45
1 On 2009-09-23, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grant Edwards
3 ><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Does anybody know of any up-to-date instructions on how to set
5 >> up mythweb on Gentoo?
6 >>
7 >> I've tried following the instructions at
8 >> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/MythWeb but they appear to be
9 >> obsolete.  Mythweb doesn't install in the location mentioned in
10 >> the instructions and commands it says to add to the lighttpd
11 >> config file aren't recognized:
12 >>
13 >> 2009-09-22 20:57:13: (log.c.157) server started
14 >> 2009-09-22 20:57:13: (server.c.920) WARNING: unknown config-key: setenv.add-environment (ignored)
15
16 There were a couple steps missing from the instructions on the
17 wiki page above: including mod_setenv in the lighttpd config
18 and making the mythweb data directory writable.
19
20 I've updated the page and it should now be current.
21
22 The other problem was that I botched one of the steps and put
23 some PHP commands in the wrong include file.
24
25 > I have it installed and running, although it's been a while
26 > since I installed it. There were a number of problems with all
27 > of the instructions I found, but I eventually found answers.
28 >
29 > What happens in your case if you attempt to access MythWeb?
30 > In my case I do
31 >
32 > http://192.168.1.61/mythweb/
33 >
34 > from my Windows desktop and I get the app.
35
36 It's working now. :)
37
38 Now all that's left to do is set up my Mac Mini "diskless"
39 frontend [It's actually got a hard drive in it, but it's not
40 used and will be spun down] and pulling some network cables. To
41 get the frontend and backend any further apart you'd have to
42 move one of them to a neighbors house, so the cable pulling is
43 going to be a bit of work.
44
45 It should start recording any second...
46
47 And it failed. Mythbackend doesn't seem to know where to put
48 the recorded files...
51 Grant